Katy, TX – Channel Letters with a Wow Factor | Front Row Signs News
Is Bigger Better?
Utilizing as much storefront space as you are allowed and within your budget is the best case scenario. With that said, it is dependent on a few factors:
- Size– The size is dependent upon the viewing distance and vehicle speed. This allows you to configure the minimum letter height for optimal viewing.
- Message– KISS-you’ve heard that simple is best and this is where it pays off.
- Design Elements-Using design tricks to achieve visibility and readability is what a good sign designer accomplishes for a sign. Material choices that are seen from day to night, bold fonts, and contrasting colors are examples in a designers tool kit.
What is a Channel Letter Anyway?
Here are a few common terms and their definitions.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a translucent plastic material used for the front (or face) of a channel letter.
- LED: An electronic light source for channel letters. LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, and this type of illumination is caused by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material.
- Return: The side of a channel letter. Returns are commonly constructed of aluminum, and range from 3″ to 8″ deep.
- Stroke: The outline of a font. The greater the stroke weight, the thicker the font.
- Transformer/Power Supply: A device than changes the incoming voltage level to the level required by the sign illumination.
- Trim cap: The flexible plastic edging that surrounds a channel letter’s face. Trim caps are chemically welded to the letter face, and are available in a variety of colors.
Don’t feel discouraged with choosing an appropriate sign for your business storefront. Our complimentary strategy sessions allow us to sit with our clients and really listen to what is most important. It’s part of our integrity to offer the best materials with the best value to suit the needs of our clients. Not an easy task, but our team believes in this philosophy and applies it every day. Let us see how we may be able to help you with your next sign project. Reach out today! 832-222-9385Back